Written by Brad Crawford
Solar energy is great for warming things up, but as the weather is heating up in Texas, has it occurred to you that the energy from the sun can also help you to keep cool?
We all look forward to lazy sunny afternoons… the barbecues, swimming and all of those fabulous activities to be enjoyed during the summer months, so we tend to forget about the downside of a heat wave until it’s too late. Properties can become unbearably hot in the summer, so what do we do? We switch on the air conditioning, of course – and what happens to our utility bills? They soar as high as the temperatures.
Switching to solar energy really can help to save money on your air conditioning bills this summer, and you’ll also have the pleasure of knowing that you’re doing your bit to reduce carbon emissions, use up less fossil fuel and help to save the fragile Earth. Every little bit helps, you know!
Tapping into the incredible free energy of the sun can not only help the environment, it can also help your family to keep cool and help keep your bank balance low too.
Solar energyair conditioning systems simply generate the energy from the sun and use it to power heat and air conditioning pumps. When the air conditioning system is not in use you can also use the power to operate other electrical appliances in the home – you can even arrange for any excess energy to be sent to a utility company, which is another great way of not only saving money on your own utility bills but also making a little money too.
Solar energyhas one or two major advantages over many other types of energy;
- Solar energyis free – the sun shines day in, day out through the summer in Texas – at no extra charge. You don’t have to pay for it to shine, and even on the days when it’s shielded by clouds or doesn’t look like it’s shining, you can rest assured that it’s still there shining down massive amounts of free energy.
- Solar energyis limitless – you can’t use it all up – as you harness the energy from the sun, there’s no need to worry about taking somebody else’s share – the sun has limitless energy for everybody, it doesn’t matter how much we use, it will just keep on shining, which is more than can be said about fossil fuel and other energy sources.
- The more solar panels you install in your home the more energy you will generate for your own use, which means that you will have to utilize less energy from your existing utility company – a fabulous money savings, not only do you save money on your energy bills but you can also get a little cash back.
- You will also increase the value of your property by installing solar panels and utilizing solar energy. Surveys across the United States indicate that for each $1,000 you save every year by utilizing solar energywill add an incredible $20,000 to the value of your property – not a bad return is it? Saving money actually helps you to make more money on the value of your property.
- Tax credits are also available for home owners who install solar energy panels to their properties. You see, solar energy is entirely green; it does not produce any hazardous waste or air pollution, and the more solar energy you use to heat or cool your home, the less energy you will consume from the power plants, which do contribute to pollution and climate change. Government tax credits are available to encourage property owners to install solar power units, so you may be eligible for up to 30 percent of the cost of the solar energy modules and up to a $1,500 tax credit – check out the details with your tax advisor and see how much cash you could save by simply installing the solar energyunit.
So what are you waiting for? Now’s the time to discover the many benefits of solar energy before the temperatures really start to rise along with your utility bills. Contact a professional company and find out how you can save money in the summer months by utilizing the power of the summer sun to keep your property comfortable and cool.