Written by Brad Crawford
Finding quality Dallas HVAC contractors to service and repair your heating and cooling systems can be a much easier task if you follow these 10 evaluation and hiring tips:
- Check licensing and qualifications. Contact the Texas HVAC licensing board to make sure the contractor you’re considering is licensed and meets all other state and local requirements.
- Check references. Ask for contact information for past customers and ask at least three of them about their experiences with the contractor.
- Use your resources. Go to trusted friends, relatives or coworkers and ask about Dallas HVAC contractors they’ve used and would recommend.
- Ask for an in-person evaluation. Request that the contractor visit your project site for an in-person evaluation before offering bids or estimates. Ask to see pictures of his installation practices and get references from other installations.
- Get written bids and itemized estimates. Ask at least three contractors to provide formal bids and estimates. Willingness to submit an official bid indicates interest and can help reduce the costs of your project.
- Sign a contract. Execute a written contract that lays out the scope of the project and any contingencies. Make sure you understand it thoroughly before signing. Do not proceed until you and the contractor have both signed the contract.
- Understand payment terms. Be sure you know if any payments are required in advance and when the final payment is due.
- Insist on energy efficiency. Hire a contractor who uses Energy Star products and who adheres to industry standards for energy efficiency in design and construction.
- Ask about discounts or special offers. See if your contractor offers any pricing incentives. Remember that the federal government provides income tax credits for certain types of HVAC equipment. There also may be state or local incentives you can use to reduce your costs.
- Request that the contractor get any necessary permits. He will be more familiar with the process and likely will be able to get them more quickly and easily.
Crawford Services, Inc. is a premier heating and cooling service provider that customers can rely on to provide expert installation, maintenance and repair. Contact us today for more information on evaluating Dallas HVAC contractors and to hear more about the reasons why Crawford Services, Inc. is your best choice.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in North Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock