Written by Brad Crawford
Heating and air conditioning Dallas weather certainly poses challenges for controlling indoor temperatures. Our sweltering summers and chilly winters place demands on your HVAC system year round. In your effort to stay comfortable, North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certified technicians are your greatest allies.
North American Technician Excellence Inc. is a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive, high-level training and testing for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians.
HVAC training courses and state licensing require only a minimum level of knowledge and skill. That means even after studying heating and air conditioning Dallas technicians without further training may not be able to handle anything but the most basic HVAC issues.
NATE certification sets the experts apart from the novices. Known for its rigorous standards, NATE trains and tests HVAC professionals in basic concepts and technology as well as in the newest innovations. To retain certification, technicians retest every five years.
Technicians earn installation, service or senior certification in one or more common HVAC areas, including:
- Air conditioning
- Gas furnaces
- Oil furnaces
- Air-to-air (conventional) heat pumps
- Ground-source heat pump loop installation
- Air distribution
- HVAC efficiency analysis
Working with NATE-certified technicians has proven benefits. Service Roundtable’s NATE Impact Study found several areas in which these technician outperform their non-NATE peers:
- Less hassle – NATE technicians get the job done right the first time, saving you time and money. Their callback rate is 12.9 percent lower than non-NATE technicians.
- Lower energy bills – NATE technicians know the installation and maintenance procedures necessary for your system to reach maximum efficiency. Given the high bills for heating and air conditioning Dallas weather can leave us with, optimal energy efficiency is a major benefit.
- Friendly, reliable service – When technicians have invested in earning NATE certification, you can be sure they take their job seriously. They’ll arrive on time, work efficiently and clean up afterward. NATE-certified professionals achieve a higher rate of “extremely satisfied” customers than do non-certified technicians.
If you want the peace of mind working with a NATE-certified technician brings, please contact us at Crawford Services. Our highly skilled technicians provide reliable installation and maintenance in Dallas and nearby areas of North Texas.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in North Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock