Filtration and MERV Rated Filters
Having the proper filtration for your HVAC system is often times just as important as the HVAC system itself. Proper maintenance of filters will help extend the life of your HVAC system and keep you breathing easy inside your home.
To help improve the IAQ in the Dallas/Forth Worth area, Crawford also offers special MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rated level filters, including the MERV-16 rated Carbon Clean 16 by Lennox.
The Carbon Clean 16’s MERV 16 Precision PleatTM helps improve the indoor air inside your home by:
- Protecting you from more than 95% of contaminants ranging in size down to 0.3 microns.
- Helping eliminate germs like viruses, bacteria and mold.
- Providing hospital inpatient care/general surgery level filtration
- Removing OVER 95% of particles ranging in size down to 0.3 micron
- Removing OVER 90% of bioaerosols and microorganisms down to 0.01 micron
Remember, MERV = Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. The level describes the filter’s ability to capture particles and ranges from 1 to 16.
The higher the MERV rating, the better the filtration.